• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Speedy Metals and Pricing Themselves Out Of Business.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

64Springer

75 Cal.
Reaction score
If you guys get really bored and want to look at real, I don't want to call it theft, but...

Speedy Metals has been my go-to outlet for years. They always had fair prices and fair shipping. Not no mo.

I had an idea for a .75 cal. horse pistol. So I checked out S/M. 1.25 od x .75 id x 12 inches long = $73.00 not including shipping. Just plain insane. They graciously dropped it to 56 bucks. Still rubber room pricing for 12" of 1018 DOM tubing.

This would have been in the mid 20 range just a few years ago. They wanted 22 bucks for the tiniest piece of brass. Then wanted 68 bucks to ship mere ounces.

Are they trying to price hobbyists out of the metal working hobby?

Many things hve gotten totally out of line. Try to buy parafine to make candles!
Plastic sheeting like you'd buy at hardware store off a roll, to maybe cover a table, has been un-available for a couple years, says my hardware. The "supply chain" thing....boy, who knew something as common as Parafin would be hard to come by?

Many places are changing sale prices on small orders.
For me
What use to be $150 /500$ min order is now 250$/1000$.
One distributor is 1800$ another 2000$. To qualify for shipping included.

I don't see prices dropping anytime soon. And now with the new corporate and personal tax structures you can expect higher cost.

Your dollar took at least a 30% hit since 2020 so don't expect ML parts and pieces not to respond accordingly. Just about any decent factory ML rifle now can bring 500+ and customs 1500+. Yesterdays trip to the supermarket directly supports this. Whats to come should be our greatest concern.

Just be glad it was in stock.
Now imagine working for a home hospice company and that there is nada, nien, nope, negative, none, not a single John Brown drop of pain medications in the whole damn nation to give to your patients.
Now imagine you're the RN that has to go into that home and tell that family that there is no pain medication, not even in the hospitals, to give their suffering family member.
You. Not the imaginary 81 million votes much less the 2,000 mules.
You. Not the miscreants in Congress.
You. Not even that refugee from a dementia memory care unit(and I've seen quite a number of those so I know one when I see one).
You. The one with the stethoscope around your neck that is suppose to be the one to alleviate the pain. And all you got is a bunch of emails showing back order status.
Yeah, its you that has to 'do something' because of #FJB

Your dollar took at least a 30% hit since 2020 so don't expect ML parts and pieces not to respond accordingly. Just about any decent factory ML rifle now can bring 500+ and customs 1500+. Yesterdays trip to the supermarket directly supports this. Whats to come should be our greatest concern.

Yep - most of the things I bought 20 years ago are at least 50% more costly today.

Transportation & material supply issues aggrivate the situation to no end.

Latest posts

Back