• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Special hunt for a Special youngman

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chance

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I have just been told that I will get to guide a young man named Wes during the Tennesse Governors One Shot Turkey Hunt this upcoming year. He will be competing against country singers and athletes and big name celebrity hunters. The other hunters pay over $1,000 to hunt for the weekend. The money goes to Tn. Scholastic funds. Wes is nine years old and has spent the past five years battling Cancer. He is going thru treatment at Vanderbilt Childrens Hospital in Tn. He has requested as a WISH to compete in this years One Shot turkey hunt. Here is where it gets interesting. He wants to do it with a flintlock shotgun. I was contacted by The Deanna Glossup Cancer Foundation because they know I love flintlocks. I was wondering if some of yall could help me with making his wish come true in GRAND FASHION! I was wondering if we could hook him up with a horn, bag, neck knife, sash, fire kit, all the fixins. I dont know if it ok to ask for this on the forum. I will understand if this needs to be removed. I just thought that with all the great craftsmen on this forum we could make his wish even better than he could imagine. I can put him on birds but I would love to let him do it in full gear. I know it is a long time until he hunts it is the second weekend in April. I would love to be able to tell him about his upcoming adventure and how he will be period correct. Imagine showing up the other 85 other hunters with there modern guns. If this is something that some of yall could help me with I would truly be gratefull. Again if this request needs to be removed moderators please excuse my ignorance.

Thank You I can send you my address when you are ready for it. I will send it to anybody that needs it.

PS if you don't see what I just tried to send you please let me know. (I'm still trying to learn how to use this site :grin: )

But I'm having alot of fun trying :wink:

the horn I have is plain. Is there is someone here who does a bit of scrim? I could send the horn to them and maybe we can have his name and such on it.

That would be COOL!! I just wan to say thank yall so much for everybody stepping up and making this young mans hunt awsome!! It lets me know there are still people out there that care!! Yall Rock!!

Here it is if someone wants to do scrim on it let me know and I'll get it out to you on Monday

Horn2.jpg

Horn1.jpg

chance, Send me your address, Will send you a horn strap and I'm going to send Swampy a strap for the bag. Sorry I just read the post over, Hell!!! I'll throw in a sash also. Enjoy

WoW what a horn!! This is just Awsome. There is still hope that Great people can make things happen!! Thank you for your support!! This young man will have one Great Hunt!!

$100 gift voucher on the way from track of the wolf store. Hope he has a ball.

Wow that is awsome!! Thank you so much I dont know what to say. I hope that we can get a turkey this April. I really dont care if it is a jake. Just so long as Wes gets a bird!! It would blow all the other hunters minds. He will look great in his clothes and accessories. I cant wait to let him know what all yall have done for him. Yall are trully special folks!!!!

I will send a trade knife with 5" blade and home made sheath and a sash if these are still needed please advise,with addy via PM

He'll need to practice and clean that Flintlock.
Have Tom Fuller black english flints, flint leathers, knapping hammer, can of mink oil from Track of the Wolf, and a flush kit I can donate.

PM sent for mailing address.

That would be great thank you. I have been looking for flints. Track Of The Wolf is out of them. I will Pm you. Thanks again for all your help. The members of this forum are great!!! It makes me proud to be able to tell people about all yall and how yall are willing to help.

Back