• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sourdough has left the building...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erwan

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Good evening everyone,

This is not really an opening of a topic and even less an opening of a debate.

I am very sad to have learned only a few minutes ago of the death of Surdough (Jim), other side of the Pond.
I liked this man very much and can only try to share my sorrow with those here on this forum who knew him well. Jim was always interesting, calm and level headed.

I will miss him here and elsewhere.

If you want to honor him, drink an Early time to his memory..

Erwan.

This was the forum where I met him most often, but if the moderation wants to move or move......

Good evening everyone,

This is not really an opening of a topic and even less an opening of a debate.

I am very sad to have learned only a few minutes ago of the death of Surdough (Jim), other side of the Pond.
I liked this man very much and can only try to share my sorrow with those here on this forum who knew him well. Jim was always interesting, calm and level headed.

I will miss him here and elsewhere.

If you want to honor him, drink an Early time to his memory..

Erwan.

This was the forum where I met him most often, but if the moderation wants to move or move......
We heard of this a few days ago. I’ll link this thread with another on another bp page. Many people were influenced and informed by their friendship with Jim and he’ll be sorely missed...

Jim will be sadly missed by many in the black powder community. He was a wealth of knowledge as well as a gentleman and cut a wide swath on many black powder forums. Rest in peace, sir.

Thank you, @Erwan . I had not heard of Jim's death until now. He was a trove of information on cap and ball revolvers, and always happy to share his knowledge and expertise, on the open forum or in private conversations.

Sincere condolences to his family and his many friends.

Notchy Bob

Jim went by other names on other forums...Expat_Alaska for one. There may have been others as well.

Sorry to hear this. Jim was a great person with a wealth of knowledge. Always willing to share and help. He will be missed.

Didn`t really know him for more than a few messages, but gave me great advice on what to look for when buying brass framed revolvers.

That said, thread needs to be in the ‘Beyond the Great Divide’ sub-forum. I am confident the moderators will soon move it.
If I knew another forum was destined to that kind of posts, I have done it, unfortunately I didn't know that...

This information has fallen when I was on a French forum where Sourdough was frequently connected, so I came here with the sadness of having lost a good forum relationship from here and other places, to share it with others, with you all...
Never mind, I Know I'll see Expat Sourdough somewhere (maybe in a not so long time) to drink together an "Early Times" like he was frequently saying...

If I knew another forum was destined to that kind of posts, I have done it, unfortunately I didn't know that...

This information has fallen when I was on a French forum where Sourdough was frequently connected, so I came here with the sadness of having lost a good forum relationship from here and other places, to share it with others, with you all...
Never mind, I Know I'll see Expat Sourdough somewhere (maybe in a not so long time) to drink together an "Early Times" like he was frequently saying...
The important thing is that you got the information about Sourdough out there. Thank you for sharing. No criticism intended as to your choice of sub forums. I only mentioned it because sometime threads move and folks are confused or surprised.

That's sad to hear I have tried to reach out to him about a Dance Revolver I have just purchased

Back