• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sorry for a coyote? Really?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We had been hunting deer when we saw a small group of antelope about a hundred yards from the road. We also noticed a large coyote sneaking up a ravine toward the only baby antelope in the group, It looked as if the small herd were totally unaware of the coyote. However, just as the coyote got within ten yards, the largest buck suddenly wheeled around, lowered his head, and charged the wily coyote. The race for life was on; that coyote made dust fly as he hi-tailed it out of the area … with an enraged buck close behind, The buck would catch up, and strike at the coyote with his front feet and swing his horns as well. The poor coyote ducked, bobbed. weaved and darted from side to side. The pronghorn never missed by more than inches. The chase continued until they disappeared from our view behind a small hill. We waited about three minutes until the buck returned to the small herd prancing. I have no idea how Mr. coyote fared but I suggest he might have learned a lesson. If not, I imagine him licking his wounds and sobbing. Polecat

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back