• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Son's Christmas Present

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rifleshooter2

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Here are a few pics of a gonne I made for my boy. It's a 1 inch bore with a subchamber. Stanless Steel barrel Not PC but it's easy to clean and thats what I had laying around the shop.
140_4063.jpg

141_4124.jpg

141_4128.jpg

Andy
Legion Ville Historical Society[url] www.legionville.com[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
:bow: Boy can you be my daddy? A Haakenbuchse (spelling Teleo--)---now that's wee cannon---what calibre? Lucky lad to have a great Dad. :applause: :thumbsup:

she's a 1 inch bore. I was just testing to see if I hooked up my lathe right after I moved. All I was going to do was bore a hole but things got out of hand :shocked2:

Andy

Love the Blue paint :hatsoff: If I might ask, How did you inlet the stock? It looks really nice.

Wes

I hoged it out on my milling machine then good old chisels. Topped off with French Blue left over from a cannon I made

Andy

I need to get a mold. I think a 3oz cannon ball sinker mold should be pretty close. I'm hopping the hook takes up the recoil. I'll make a rest that bolts to the bench and acts like a castle wall for him to shoot over :thumbsup:
He wants to call it the Dragon Slayer :grin:

Andy

Sounds like a great name! Your son is lucky to have parents that are involved in what he does.

Wes

:rotf: :rotf: Leave it to the missus' to put things in proper perspective. You only go this way once and enjoy life with your boy as much as you can right now. Sooner/later he is off to College, finds a soul mate and gets married, later bringing home grand children to spoil in your way, with your soul mate keeping you in line 24X7.The nicest consequence is being able to enjoy these moments with your son in later years. It's great---from personal experience. :hatsoff:

rifleshooter2 said:
I need to get a mold. I think a 3oz cannon ball sinker mold should be pretty close. :

Andy
Will they work? are they as true as a regular round ball mould? How close are they to 1 inch. I'm trying to find a mould for my wallgun. So far the best price is $65 delivered. Has anybody else ever used a sinker mould? Thanks for the help, and great job on the gonne! :thumbsup:

rifleshooter2 said:
Here are a few pics of a gonne I made for my boy. It's a 1 inch bore with a subchamber. Stanless Steel barrel Not PC but it's easy to clean and thats what I had laying around the shop.
140_4063.jpg

Andy
Legion Ville Historical Society[url] www.legionville.com[/url]

That's one happy little son of a gun!
Good Going Andy!

CP

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back