• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

So, pictures of.....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This picture isn't that clear, and it is with a trail camera vs me taking it directly, but posting because it's not all that common to get a predator with it's prey.

49228016923_fd71f2a066_c.jpg

To all:

Let's try to keep the subject of our pictures focused on wildlife.

Technically, I should move this topic to the Photo section because it really isn't about hunting.

On the other hand, I know that hunters love pictures of wildlife and the critters that appear in them.
They like seeing them and their surroundings not just because they hunt them. They like seeing them because they appreciate the animal for what it is and the surroundings because that is a part of nature the creature lives in, which they love.

For these reasons, I'm leaving this topic in the Hunting section of the forum but as I asked, please keep the subjects of the pictures focused on the critters. Not lakes, trees and sunsets.

Great photo Mike. Did you have hopes of such an image when lining up the camera toward that snag?

Best regards, Skychief.

Actually, this is a crop of the left side of a larger picture, hence some of the loss of clarity. I actually tried to knock that "not-quite-yet-rotten" stump thing down, but it was a lot more solid than it looks! Turns out that owl must have liked it because I had a number of pictures of him sitting on it, but this is the only one where he had a catch in his beak!

But this thread started with a butterfly. That's not exactly "Traditional Muzzleloader Hunting", is it?
No, but it was inspired by, and started with a comment about the appreciation of things of the hunt other than just the kill. That it doesn't take a dead animal at the end to make a good hunting story.
Of course, we did start with some very artistic/talented pictures of wildlife and natural things of beauty, pictures taken with talent to both get the opportunity and to execute taking the photo, and now have digressed to trail cam. pictures. Not that trail cam. pics can't be interesting, but, it's not the same thing as, "look at this glorious example of nature's beauty and wonder that I saw while hunting/scouting."

Back