• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smoothbore+two ball=sucess

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I tried something different today, dual ball loads in my .45 smoothrifle!

I only have small game to test on but I was pleasantly surprised! First shot was a neck shot at 30 yards! Both balls struck the neck.

Loading with a thin card, an oil soaked leather wad, ball, another leather, second ball and a thin card on top.
Another 30yard shot. One ball connected.

Shot three was a forty yard shot on a pheasant trying to conceal himself, he was a small target!

Shot five missed. A fifty yard shot at a rabbit. My fault as I gave some hold but on analysis it was not needed.
Shot six missed too.
Shots seven and eight were shot loads as I finished the day off waiting for birds coming to roost to finish with my limit for the day four.

Lovely warm weather and a little sun, not at work, a little smoothbore, bliss :hatsoff:

B.

Brit you are the get er done guy across the big pond :thumbsup: an your pics are always very good. Keep em coming :thumbsup:

Now that's putting the smack down on them...
Bear loads for birds...
You must have some mean critters there.. :rotf:
Brits....no gaps between the round balls..
I ringed a 40.cal bbl that way.Ouch!
It's fun to try something different.
Always impressed when I see the round balls printing so close together.
Pheasant chowder in your future..Yum!
Great pictures...You are living right!
A day in the field is good for the soul.
Atta-boy! Hunt On

Good shooting Sir! I plan getting a 20ga. made this summer, I believe I have everything but the barrel. I have the stock etc. already.

Great post and wonderful pics, as always. Heartiest congratulations! Miss seeing Ms. Sprocket but remember you saying she's getting along in years and getting tough for her. Still, looks like you've got a new hunting buddy! :thumbsup:

Nice Brit!

I observed the cold weather gear has taken many years off! I must try that, Im gettin old and seen a wrinkle at the corner of my eye a week or so ago! :rotf:

Back