• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Small Horn I Made

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wattlebuster

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I built my brother a Isaac Haines 40 flinter 2 yrs ago an I have just now gotten around to making him a small horn for it so this will be his christmas present. I made it with a drill,razorknife,and files an little bit of sand paper. I used rit dye an leather dye an have discovered my horn building is like my rifle building,NEEDS MUCHO IMPROVEMENT but oh well here it is. Thanks for lookin. I figured you need something to laugh at :rotf:
SmallHorn003.jpg

Wattlebuster, Very nice horn!.....your brother will be proud!

One thing! Leather dyes seem to fade and rub off quickly, so tell him to keep that horn waxed!

Rick :thumbsup:

looks good from here.
was this your first or something? Cuz if so, you got a darn good start at it! (I won't show you any of mine!)

Ain't nobody gonna be laughing at that horn! ......Your brother might be grinnin' from ear to ear, but I'll guarentee you he won't be laughin'.
Nice horn !
Soggy

The DARK part of the horn, is that where you used the rit dye? I always wondered how they got the front of the horn darker than the rest of the horn?

Back