• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Priming Horn and Small Tin Containers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are several things still sold in tins. I sandblast them and then paint them with hammered finish paints. Looks like bluing and browning will be something I try now.
Sounds interesting but I would think the bluing/browning might hold up better than the use of paint. I like the idea of sandblasting them as prep work rather than torching them.

I think they look great. I've used an old Sucrets tin and a similar size tin that once held tea.

8DD188AB-5B76-47C7-976D-48D11E2B8683.jpeg

A small flip top Alltoids can for patches just too the right of the horns.

FD0DB47F-8B97-48CA-925C-FD05F2E97749.jpeg

2.pull off top metal cans.. Great for storing various items…

All have been “Japaned” … had the paint burnt off and rubbed down too remove the ash then these were sprayed with furniture polish….done!

Y’all keep that too yourself, the Mrs. don’t know…🥴👍

I found a little round pewter tin in a lot of junk pewter I bought. The tin is the perfect size to hold prelubed patches. I really like the idea of bluing something small like this to get some practice before I tackle the rifle kit waiting for me. Will have to find a little tin to work with.

The first picture is my hunting, Day possible pouch. The round leather piece carries enough patched for hunting, trail walk, monthly shoot, the ball compartment is lined with sheep, like Civil war cap boxes You can hook a patch with your finger nail, and pick a ball at the same time

The second pouch is my Longhunter pouch, I carry more items, bullet mold, ladle, extra flints, powder measure, and primer powder, this view shows my patch container a little better ,

Also on the first picture there is a secondary pouch, cleaning tools, etc

Attachments

• Day pouch.jpg
    Day pouch.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 0
  • LRRP POUCH.jpg
    LRRP POUCH.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 0
Back