• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Skychief Load field test

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SkyChief, when you mention your "vacuum"theory, as you have in the past as well, my 1st thought is more like "drafting" as Spence beat me to. Like tailgating a semi on the highway to save gas.

The other thought I've been having of late while reading all these posts on the subject is to question if the resistance of the tight fitting heavy wad isn't acting somewhat like a choke? I guess kind of like a jug choke? Meaning. The pressure of the gasses driving the shot and wad column forward is compressing the shot load against the resistance of the heavy wad. Could that compression be maintained after exiting the muzzle leading to denser patterns?

Where is our friend with the fancy high speed photography equipment?

I would like to take this opportunity to thank RogerWYO for being the catalyst of this spirited, head-scratcher of a thread.

"Thanks Roger"! :haha:

Brokkennock, I follow what you are asking, but, I sure don't know. :idunno:

Back to regular programming...

Best regards, Skychief :hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back