• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Skirmish Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mewing6003

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I see the Powder Inc. guys are now carrying a powder called "Skirmish Powder". As I have never heard of this I called them and asked some questions. They gave pretty good answers and actually recommended this powder. However it is from China. They said they have sold over 5,000 pounds of it and only one complaint. One guy said one can he bought would not ignite.

Has anyone here actually used this powder? I would love to hear some comments from someone who has actually used it. It saves about $2 a pound over GOEX, and that can add up pretty quickly!

I have always used GOEX both in the NSSA and reenacting (and no one that I know of from either organization has used or even heard of this powder). :hmm:

I have always used GOEX both in the NSSA and reenacting (and no one that I know of from either organization has used or even heard of this powder). :hmm:

there ya go..........................bob

P.S....never heard of it myself.....

IIRC, MuzzleBlasts did an article testing various black powders a year or so ago (or perhaps longer, but not much longer or I would have forgotten it entirely ::) and they tested some batches of Chinese powder as part of the test. I don't recall much... the exact results or whether it was called "Skirmish" powder.... I do recall they said it came in a brown paper bag :shocking:

According to Powder, Inc's website (order page), the Skirmish Powder:

Can be used in Rifle or Cannon. Similar granulation to 1F Goex.

In my limited experience with WANO powder I found it to be an excellent powder. I wouldn't mind getting some more of the FFFg, My best accuracy ever was in a .50 using this powder and fouling was hardly noticeable.

Russ

Latest posts

Back