• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Simple dutch oven

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnkanun

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Just curious to see what this sparks.

I camp alot by my self so don't want to fix too much nor do I like a lot of clean up.

pre heat dutch oven

I take a 8" pie pan, place a small can of pork and beans in the center, place canned bisquits around can, when bisquits are done beans are hot.

I don't see how it can get much simpler, but I'm willing to learn.

Mike

I can see why you camp alone a lot!

Beans and biscuits would clean out my camp in a hurry too!

:rotf:

Kinda been thinking about substituting eggs, bacon bits and chopped onions for the beans. Would that work better?

Mike

Shame on you Ghost. :winking:

After you done with the mornings fire, pull the hot coals away from the center down to dirt.

Place a small roast in the center of your dutch over, add a couple of peeled sliced potatoes and carrots around your roast. Add a can of non period correct beef consomme over everything.

Put the lid on the dutch oven and place it in the center of the coals. Bury it with the coals, then bury everything with about 2 inches of dirt and soil.

No go about your camp business until dinner.

With just a little effort you can truely have a meal fit for a king.

Enjoy

Joe

Back