• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Shot Snake/Pouch and Flask

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YJake

40 Cal
Reaction score
Looking for a shot snake/pouch with an English or Irish spout and a metal powder flask to go with it. Let me know what you have available. I’ve been having a hard time finding what I’m looking for online.

-Jake

Are you looking for a pouch type leather pouch (I have one) or are you looking for the longer over the shoulder type snake? steg49

I make them, but the cost of an new English or Irish spout is around $70.00 shipped. Therefore, the total cost would run around $125.00. Be glad to make one, but they are expensive.

Are you looking for a pouch type leather pouch (I have one) or are you looking for the longer over the shoulder type snake? steg49

I would entertain both types of shot holder.

-Jake

Just saw a re-run Antiques Roadshow; a Plains Indian shot snake, 1840's, increased over 15 yrs. from 30-40 thousand to up to 55 thousand! Exc. cond., w/ provenance. Beautiful thing! Lady thought it was tobacco pouch. Indian-made with all trade-goods beads & cloth.

This is the shot pouch that I have. It came from the bi-centennial Berretta Over-under shotgun. Has the Irish Head with 3 adjustments and holds about 30 oz. I used it in my duck hunting days but don't need it any more. Asking $75 shipped.

Attachments

• IMG_3901.JPG
    IMG_3901.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3902.JPG
    IMG_3902.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3903.JPG
    IMG_3903.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3905.JPG
    IMG_3905.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 14
What are the setting equivalent to in shot weight?

-Jake

They are not that hard to build, the one on the left is an original Hawksley and the one on the right is one that I cobbled together when the only spout I could find was an Irish one. Try building one yourself you might surprise yourself.

I don't use the original as the leather is cracking from age and I want to preserve it for as long as possible so that is why I built the new one.

IMG_1384.jpg

Back