• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shot Flask Pattern

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bacarper

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy Folks!

First off, I'm hoping this is in the right forum since it isn't necessarily question about tinkering with guns, but more the accessory side of things.

All that being said, I was lucky enough to get an English style "Shot Flask Charger Head" for Christmas and looking for some help on how to make the rest of the flask. I'm no stranger to leather work and while this seems straight forward, I'm hoping you kind folks can help me understand how the head is attached to the leather portion. Any photos, advice, or anyone who has done this before would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

The traditional hard leather flask halfs are pressed in a mould with the final stich left till the tapering charger top is put in .Then band of leather or in some cases a cone like metal cap. .no doubt best left to the proffesionals . But some more basic one should be possible either way it will have a ring like feature so it can be suspended on a cord , Green being traditional .(St Barbara Patron Saint of gunners thing) This would be for the lever charger sort If it s the Scoop charger . I find the best plan is sew a Y shape sort leather tubular shape added to a belt so you can wear it handily the charger sitting a pap height. The ones sold with just one side are useless they swing about & end up sideways on, Of the two styles I prefer the Y shape bags myself . lots of luck.
Regards Rudyard

I made this one several years ago. I made a paper pattern, cut the leather, stitched the side seams, wet the leather and poked it full of sand to expand the sides. As I recall the collar was affixed with epoxy.

Made the sheath also.

1672662943079.jpeg

Back