• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shipping Muzzleloaders USPS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nit wit

.69 Cal.
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
This is from USPS publication 52:
Firearm means any device, including a starter gun, which will, or is designed to, or may readily be converted to, expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; the frame or receiver of any such weapon; any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; or any destructive device; but the term shall not include antique firearms (except antique firearms meeting the description of a handgun or of a firearm capable of being concealed on a person).

431.3 Antique Firearm​

Antique firearm means any muzzle loading rifle/shotgun/pistol, which is designed to use black powder or a black powder substitute, and which cannot use fixed ammunition (except those that incorporate a firearm frame or receiver, any firearm which is converted into a muzzle loading weapon, or any muzzle loading weapon which can be readily converted to fire fixed ammunition by replacing the barrel, bolt, breechblock, or any combination thereof); or any firearm (including those with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system) manufactured on or before 1898, or any replica thereof, if such replica:

1. Is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition.
  2. Uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition that is no longer manufactured in the United States and is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.
Nit Wit

Last edited:
What part of all the previous discussions on this and the comments I've made to it did you guys miss?
The person behind the co
tenor.gif
unter does not ask you what's in the box. t
They actually if they ask if the box contains certain items.

The list they ask you for is on the wall and every post office big poster things you can't ship.
Why you guys continue to argue with the post office it I just can't figure it out.

Get online go to UPS print yourself out of shipping label & pay for it. Pack your stuff up.

Then take it to CVS drop it off & a UPS truck will pick it up.
And as a bonus the CVS employees scans the label they will ask you for your phone number. Within minutes you will receive a text that it was received with tracking information.

What part of all the previous discussions on this and the comments I've made to it did you guys miss?
The person behind the coView attachment 256192unter does not ask you what's in the box. t

The list they ask you for is on the wall and every post office big poster things you can't ship.
Why you guys continue to argue with the post office it I just can't figure it out.

Get online go to UPS print yourself out of shipping label & pay for it. Pack your stuff up.

And as a bonus the CVS employees scans the label they will ask you for your phone number. Within minutes you will receive a text that it was received with tracking information.
Used them. Easy peasy...

The person behind the coView attachment 256192unter does not ask you what's in the box. t

The concealable part is new! I'm 1.5 miles from my post office, I'm 24 miles from a CVS and I don't have a printer. Wow that dead horse just stood up!
Nit Wit

Be advised: You cannot lawfully ship any kind of handgun, antique, reproduction antique, or otherwise, through the USPS, except for specific licensed people and government employees.

If you doubt this, call Michael Crowell at the USPS HQ Business Acceptance Solutions at 1-877-672-0007.

Yes, you can play games like not say what you are shipping, or claim it is "parts", or whatever, but if you need to file an insurance claim, it will then be denied.

Guys- e mail and call your representatives and senators right freakin NOW over this. Long guns will be NEXT to be “ prohibited items”. And now I turn this forum over to the ones who will say,” The atf says it’s not a firearm, so I can ship it!” crowd……..😱

Guys- e mail and call your representatives and senators right freakin NOW over this. Long guns will be NEXT to be “ prohibited items”. And now I turn this forum over to the ones who will say,” The atf says it’s not a firearm, so I can ship it!” crowd……..😱
Best just to use Fex Ex or UPS; the government dep't. USPS is a gone cause.

I sent out twice small sections of sawed-off muzzle loading rifle barrels, about 10 inches long or so. Had to say "axel drive shaft" or some-such, imagine if I said, "pistol barrel"?? Or, sawed off rifle barrel section? They'd plotz!!! This was a Staples shipping UPS. I can imagine even a set of pistol GRIPS being flagged; anything "gun" or "rifle" or "pistol" makes their blood pressure spike. "Gun part? Where's the smelling salts?" Sometimes it feels like the paranoia pot dealers used to experience!

I had shipped out my barrel to Hoyt. The Woman I knew working the counter asked what it was and I replied a Muzzle loader barrel out for rework. I asked is it acceptable? her reply was it,s just a piece of metal to us. I guess Muzzle Loaders in part are ok to ship. this was USPS

I'm of the understanding that the OP refers to short arbor cap n ball pistols only. Because they're junk. And are only accurate inside of 3 yards.

While the correct length arbor revolvers are flat out killing machines. Capable of 1,000 yard accuracy all day long. They're bump stock scary too.

CLA revolvers require overnight shipping with UPS.

I'm of the understanding that the OP refers to short arbor cap n ball pistols only. Because they're junk. And are only accurate inside of 3 yards.

While the correct length arbor revolvers are flat out killing machines. Capable of 1,000 yard accuracy all day long. They're bump stock scary too.

CLA revolvers require overnight shipping with UPS.
not true read publication 52, concealable Muzzle loaders and that covers pistols and revolvers.
Nit Wit

Back