• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sharing My Brown Bess - Looks to be somewhat Defarbed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've admired this musket for a long time...was going to PM you to find out the secret of your aging process. Nice piece.

to elborate on my toughts of it being lightly defarbed the only modern marking i could spot was the faint pedersoli stamp. I am happy with the look and i appreciate all the comments.

The musket is in patina.

View attachment 287207

View attachment 287208

Not defarbed, finished with Jax or liver of sulfur to give in a patina aged look.

Most defarb Pedersoli’s I’ve seen remove the tear drops on the panels, and extend the rail comb and refinish the stock to mimic English walnut colors.

I bought this roughly 9 years ago off a pawn shop who had it listed on gunbroker. I got her for around 7 bills.

I have shot it and it sparks well and the fit / finish / marking quality is top tier in my opinon.

This is just speculation but it looks like it has been defarbed some time in its past.

Please feel free to comment and enjoy the pictures.

Cheers

View attachment 286820

View attachment 286821

View attachment 286822

View attachment 286823

View attachment 286824

View attachment 286825
Nice piece. I'll be the first to offer you your money back and even pay shipping... lol.
Had a colleague who had one, mostly used buck and ball and birdshot in it on the BLM property nearby.

Back