• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Set Trigger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BozoMiller

40 Cal
Reaction score
Why is my set trigger on my Investarms Hawken kit so hard to set? I have tried everything with no success. Are there any good instructional video's out there . I have had it in and out so many times it's getting really frustrating. Any help will be greatly appreciated .

Maybe you have weaker then normal grip. :dunno: What have you done other then taking it out and putting it in?

Replace it with a Davis Deerslayer trigger if it fits the model rifle you have. I have two Investarms Great Plains rifles and replaced the triggers with the Davis in both of mine.

@BozoMiller, have you taken the triggers out? There is a large spring that drives the releasing trigger. That spring can be overtightened and make the trigger hard to set. Back down a turn on that spring and the trigger will be easier to set. The Deerslayer is a better trigger of course but relieving the tension on that spring can make a difference.

@BozoMiller, have you taken the triggers out? There is a large spring that drives the releasing trigger. That spring can be overtightened and make the trigger hard to set. Back down a turn on that spring and the trigger will be easier to set. The Deerslayer is a better trigger of course but relieving the tension on that spring can make a difference.
Yes I have them out 20 plus times this week . But I waill give this a try. Thanks

Take them out and set and pull and play around with them, you will probably figure it out and come up with a fix.

Its not rocket science, My wife does call me Mr. Fixit however..... YMMV

Thanks fellas, I fixed it by backing off the screw as was suggested by Grenadiar. Thanks for the help Lotta of knowledge in here,

Latest posts

Back