• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Seeking~ "In The White" Pietta 1851 (octagon barrel) navy to complete pair. Will do cash or trade. (Pic is of the lonley one)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
20230313_061304~2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice gun, but that’s an 1851 navy, not an 1860 army. it’s an 1851 navy but it’s chambered in .44 caliber (not historically accurate.) I only say this because it would kinda suck to buy an 1860 army to make a matching pair, only to have them look very different. The cylinders would match, but that’s about it.

Have you shot this revolver yet and if so is it accurate? .451 or .454 round ball? Wonder if you are the same Jim O'Meara called Irish Man who wrote for magazines, lived in Colorado, then Cheyenne and moved to Great Lakes region? If so Erin go Bragh (sp.). Sure miss marching in Denver St. Patrick Day parade and firing parade loads with our muzzle loaders. You were one of the co booshways at my first Western National Rendezvous in Coloradoin '84. If you ain't him, never mind. Happy St. Patrick's Day from Colorado.

Have you shot this revolver yet and if so is it accurate? .451 or .454 round ball? Wonder if you are the same Jim O'Meara called Irish Man who wrote for magazines, lived in Colorado, then Cheyenne and moved to Great Lakes region? If so Erin go Bragh (sp.). Sure miss marching in Denver St. Patrick Day parade and firing parade loads with our muzzle loaders. You were one of the co booshways at my first Western National Rendezvous in Coloradoin '84. If you ain't him, never mind. Happy St. Patrick's Day from Colorado.
While I am not "Himself" I am his Son. My name indeed is the same as his, so is MY Son, as well as HIS Son!! There were four of us before Dads passing just a couple years ago. We sure as hell miss him 😢 !!
I still enjoy the Rendezvous and all things buckskins and Black Powder :)
I have not shot this one yet and likley won't as I'm building a collector set of Piettas. Any friend of his is good on my books :) we are in the Twin Cities of Minnesota now. Mom (Diane) is still in Cheyenne.

Sincerely,
Jim O'Meara II
Booshway
2023 Goose Creek Rendezvous
Segundo
2023 Cannon River Rendezvous
Vice Pres.
Twin Cities Muzzel Loaders Club
Board Member & Black Powder Chair Person
Gopher Rifle & Revolver Club

Back