• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

screw sizes for TC Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walks with fire

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Could anyone tell me what size screw is used for the TC Hawken rifles rear sight attachment and the underrib attachment screw sizes. I want to make a 15/16" .54 barrel for a stock I have and don't know what size these screws are so I can drill and tap these holes. I plan on using stock TC Hawken parts that I can pick up on Ebay. Thanks.

I will wait to locate the holes until I get the rib but I would still like to know what the screw sizes are if anyone knows so I can get the drills and the taps. I do know that there are at least 2 sizes for the underrib and 1 size for the rear sight. They are small screws so there is nothing to test the sizes in.

Even with the sight screws in hand I have no idea what size they are.

Rib and sight screws on my T/C Hawken Flinter are 6-48, use a #31 tap drill then a 6-48 plug tap to start, then a 6-48 bottom tap to finish the blind hole. These all can be bought at Track of the Wolf. Just be sure you don't drill to deep, measured the holes in mine and they are only 0.150" deep. Good Luck, Steve

Thanks Steve; that helps a bunch. I was kind of guessing them to be 6-32 but wasn't sure. I work at a machine shop but the work we do is for really big stuff; don't have much in the way of small drills and taps or thread gauges to check anything that small. We do have plenty of CNC machines and some good machinists to do the work. The problem is is getting the free machine time so I just need to have all the parts and tooling ready to go.

It's going on a 15/16" .54 so the max. depth will only be .050 so the finer thread will help. I have been wanting to do this for a couple of years but I got laid off and wasn't sure I would ever get back to work there.

Thanks.

Back