• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Scratch built KS Underhammer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRW

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Here are a few pics of a UH I just finished haven't shot at a range so I don't know how well it will shoot. Frame is made from 1080 Cr chaft stock is just some Kansas walnut laying around the shop. the nose cap, grip pour, and butt plate are all pour from REAL high content tin lead mix almost like auto body lead. The sides of the reciever is my first attempt at engine turning, it turned out OK but could be better. the gun does not have a half cock but I tried to show a close up of a hammer block system to carry the gun capped. It is a short piece of steel rod turned to a spool shape and then brazed to a flat spring. Hammer tension holds it in place and unpon cocking the hammer it automatically springs out to the side to allow the hammer to drop. I fit the ramrod on the outside of the fore end rather than inside I was trying to keep the fore end slim and thought this may work it is a different look but doesn't feel bad. The barrel is a .50 and I don't know what make it was given to me by a friend and said maybe I could make somthing out of it so given a free barrel and scap parts makes for about a $20.00 gun

DSC00559.jpg

DSC00560.jpg

DSC00561.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/52MRW/
wisconsin%20uh/DSC00562.jpg

DSC00563.jpg

DSC00564.jpg

Would you take $30 for it. That would be 50% profit. I would even pay the shipping. :) :rotf:

:thumbsup: That really looks nice. Wish I could do that. :hatsoff:

Ronnie

" first attempt at engine turning," and not a bad one at that, you wouldnt be the same MRW that built some really good ones a year or two ago on here would you? You like him have some different and good ideas. Nice going if or if not. FRED :hatsoff:

I am the same guy just different gun, my friend Metalshaper has a pretty neat box framed brass UH in the works that hopefully will be done soon and it looks pretty nice and has a few unusual things on it as well, we Jayhawks don't always follow a set plan when we build it is more of a design as we go method, sometimes even we don't know how the gun will look until it is done

I thought so , you 2 really built some Very nice uh's over the time I've been on, as John Taylor and GMWW has shown some pics of near unreal ones, like the mini sized ones. Good to see more Fred :hatsoff:

Back