• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

School of the Longhunter, 2017

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SgtErv

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Prickett's Fort is a great place to be just about anytime. During School of the Longhunter this is especially true.

Had some fine company this weekend, and like my ancestors before me was even persuaded to enlist in defense of my countrymen against the usurpations of King George III

Thanks everyone.

I want to say there were about 60-75. I'm not sure that everyone was ever gathered in a single place at any given time, so it was hard to discern.

It was really neat seeing the fort with encampments circling it and the meeting House quite warm and lively. Ive been volunteering there for some time and have a new perspective on it

Yes. Prickett's Fort State Park is just north of Fairmont on the I-79. It's a fantastic place - lucky to have it practically in the back yard

Their regular season starts April 24. Open 10-4 Mon-Sat, 12-4 on Sundays.

It was indeed a great time!

In the third and fourth photos I was looking at the punch bowl they were passing then I looked up at the camera hahaha.

It was a great, great time. I learned a ton as well. All around good people, good research results being shared, and period libations and food rounded it out nicely. :grin:

Back