• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sargents Enfield Tool??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Found this in estate today appears case hardened with fire blued nipple pick. Wonder who made it as its not like the junky ones on the net sites

Attachments

• 20230511_140758.jpg
    20230511_140758.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 3
  • 20230511_140810.jpg
    20230511_140810.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230511_140722.jpg
    20230511_140722.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Thought so. Its really high quality, Thanks!
That’s not the Pattern tool that Parker-Hale made for their P.61 Artillery Carbine (Muketoon).

Does it have any markings on it all? There may be a tiny maker‘s stamp. It looks like a No. 1 Private’s Tool, c1855. The Sergeants tools have a mainspring clamp.

David

Last edited:
That’s not the Pattern tool that Parker-Hale made for their P.61 Artillery Carbine (Muketoon).

Does it have any markings on it all? There may be a tiny maker‘s stamp. It looks like a No. 1 Private’s Tool, c1855.

David

I have a P-H version that appears to have been oil-blacked, not left in the white. It is also marked 'Parker-Hale Birmingham England'.

Version of this Pattern tool or the one of their own making that resembled the No. 1 Sergeant’s Tool?

David

It was their own version that resembled the tool. I bought it at a shooting show in B'ham about twenty years ago for around a fiver. It had a label describing it as a copy of a Victorian can opener. The same dealer had a good military issue Brunswick rifle for £2500. As I passed along later it had been sold. Seems he'd had a good day after all.....................

Think you are correct, No mainspring clamp. Was in a huge pile of original musket tools and other parts but its condition lead me to instantly think reproduction. Would cost a lot to make in this quality. Will examine with magnifying glass soon.

Does it have any markings on it all? There may be a tiny maker‘s stamp. It looks like a No. 1 Private’s Tool, c1855. The Sergeants tools have a mainspring clamp.

David

Back