• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Salutations from Lancaster PA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadams94

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello to all,

My name is Doug from Southern Lancaster County PA. I’m very grateful to have the opportunity to draw from the very diverse knowledge of the forum. I’m more of a collector of references than an active shooter although I’ve been lucky enough to have serve on a muzzle loading cannon crew in competition as the Number 2 loader on authentic Parrott and Ordnance Rifles and well as the big beautiful (but very heavy) 12-pdr Brass Napoleons. I have a special interest in Civil War Artillery and Infantry Rifles as well as the history and use of muzzle loaders for Buffalo hunting on the Great Plains. I have so very much to learn on these subjects and am always looking for new primary source references to help tell those stories. Hopefully I can add a thing or two along the way!

By the way, I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning, it smells like Victory!

Hey Solanco, I'm New Providence! I haven't seen Charlie in a few years but yes, the time I spent helping him shoot and do the 1812 overture at the park was priceless!

Hello to all,

My name is Doug from Southern Lancaster County PA. I’m very grateful to have the opportunity to draw from the very diverse knowledge of the forum. I’m more of a collector of references than an active shooter although I’ve been lucky enough to have serve on a muzzle loading cannon crew in competition as the Number 2 loader on authentic Parrott and Ordnance Rifles and well as the big beautiful (but very heavy) 12-pdr Brass Napoleons. I have a special interest in Civil War Artillery and Infantry Rifles as well as the history and use of muzzle loaders for Buffalo hunting on the Great Plains. I have so very much to learn on these subjects and am always looking for new primary source references to help tell those stories. Hopefully I can add a thing or two along the way!

By the way, I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning, it smells like Victory!
Welcome Dadams, I'm from Harford County MD. I actually drive out to fort chambers fun shop in Lancaster to pick up what I need, when I need it. I have yet to have them say to me, "sorry, we don't have that" I go with a list and they always seem to have everything I need. Post some pics of them big black powder guns going off. We love stuff like that.
Neil

Back