• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RWS #11 Percussion Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought 1000 RWS 1075 from Powder Inc for $150 because I shipped them in the same carton as my powder. If you order just caps they are $220 including shipping and hazmat.
Good to know they will ship both caps and powder together. TY

Good to know they will ship both caps and powder together. TY
The place I buy my caos from usually has powder also on hand so I buy it there also no shiping involved I just pick it up when I am in town I usually keep plenty on hand also so far I buy all my stuff local no shiping involved

The place I buy my caos from usually has powder also on hand so I buy it there also no shiping involved I just pick it up when I am in town I usually keep plenty on hand also so far I buy all my stuff local no shiping involved
Well, good for you, but that is not much help for many other black powder shooters. It seems that there are significant regional variations in availability.

Well, good for you, but that is not much help for many other black powder shooters. It seems that there are significant regional variations in availability.
Yes that is what it seems like the guy who has the one and only gun shop here he goes out of his way to stock and supply what his customers want and need he will do his best to get it for you no matter what. He dosent care if it's one pound of powder or 100 or 1 can of caps he will help you out and that's the way his dad was before him we are lucky to have him if not we would have to drive 160 miles away to get stuff

Down here at the bottom of the world we pretty much have to use what we can get; be it CCI or RWS - even Eley and Remington were available at times.
I haven't discerned any difference between CCI and RWS. But we are currently paying NZ$39.99 per 100 for CCI - Schuetzen Powder is NZ$109.99 per one pound can - even our domestic 'Holy Smoke' Powder is not much cheaper. Want to save money on Caps - get a Matchlock!!

I’ve had great results with the RWS 1075s on my Pedersoli SxS. One failed to ignite my load first time because I was using too much oil in my barrels for storage. I believe the oil clogged the tiny hole in the nipple. Since I started going very light on the final coat of oil in my gun before storing, I haven’t had any issues.
Before loading any caplock M/L, cap and fire on an empty barrel at least two times. This will clear the flash channel of any blockage, be it oil or some fouling. Point the first capped shot downrange, then the second cap shot, point the firearm toward the ground. You should see grass or dirt move when the cap ignites.

Back