• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rules for Ladies Skillet Toss?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpl.Parker

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Please forgive me if I am posting this question in the wrong area. Are there rules for the Ladies Skillet Toss? I want to start a competition at our next rondy.

Thanks
Kevin :thanks:

Hi Kevin,

first of all welcome...The rondy I go to that has a skillet toss, does it this way, each gal signs up...and each one gets three chances.. one throw at a time... they have a marker out in the field that moves out as the pan is thrown past it... the longest throw wins... the fun thing is to get a guy or two out there that are kinda like clowns that can aggravate the contestants...but they need to be able to move fast, as its amazing how far some of those gals can throw... its a fun activity.

Just make sure everyone stands well away from the party tossing the pan.We had a serious accident at our rendy 2 years ago when the handle came off the pan as it was being thrown resulting in a severe injury to an onlooker when hit with the handle.We are still arguing with the insurance carrier over the emergency room bill.Looks like the club will eat a good chunk of the bill.We don't have a frying pan toss anymore. :results:

what type of frying pan was it?..... the one i have seen used is a one piece cast iron iron type..

Our's follows the same rules you mentioned. The cast iron skillet never survives the ordeal. Sooner or later the handle always breaks off. Thinking of maybe switching to a roll'in pin toss.

Thanks for answering my post. I never thought about the injury factor, but I imagine that the chance of injury would be less then the hawk and knife throw. What about a two piece steel skillet?

Kevin

At the rondy's we used to go to with our BP Club, we had a skillet toss for distance and a rolling pin toss for accuracy. The skillet toss was as explained earlier - three tries; furthest won! I won it a few times. We would have our spouse or significant other stand down range from us and we could 'aim' at them. Most of them knew better than to stand too close.

The rolling pin was thrown at a plywood target. Doc had cut out a fairly life-size trapper with a jug in his hands. We got three tries. Points counted - head shot got 2 points; shoulders to belt got 1 point as did below the fringe (mid thigh); between the belt and fringe got 3 points as did hitting the jug. That one was a lot of fun.

We only had once mishap when the skillet slipped out of a person's hand but that was it. We used an 8" cast iron skillet.

We also had a couple of apple peeling contests to see who could peel an apple with a knife and have just one peel. Apples were either eaten then or given to me to make an apple pie.

Our group uses a frying pan shape, cut out of heavy steel plate (3/8-1/2 inch). Not brittle like cast iron. Sometimes the ladies throw for distance, sometimes for accuracy at a piece of rope laid out in a circle on the ground.

Back