• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Roy Is the Man

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very Nice Peice Look's Like Roy
Has Built Another Beautiful Rifle
And Good Shooter He Did Good By You
I Really Like It :bow: :hatsoff: :applause:
-------------------------
Dan-L

I actually cheated with the triggergaurd... but the buttplate is mine :haha: :thumbsup:

Thanks Guys :thumbsup:

She's a beauty! You're gonna love shootin' that sweet li'l rifle. I sure do like the .36 Roy built for me. :thumbsup: Have fun chasin' them squirrels. :hatsoff:

Really fine Roy, I like that ash stock and iron furniture. Thats a great combo :bow:

Best part of the whole experience was dealing with Roy. :bow: It was just a pleasure to say the least. :hatsoff: Rifle is the icing on the cake. :grin:

Hey Mike, if ya ever get tired of that rifle, let me know!! I'm a lefty too. You can be proud of that rifle! :thumbsup: Emery

Hey Emery,

Squirrels make get tired of it but I sure won't. :grin:

Mike, I was over at Roy's when he was putting the finishing touches on it. All I can say is you have one little sweet and trim squirrel rifle there. I loved the copper wear plate as well. He was tickled with the color of the stain and finish he used.Those are good pictures of it on the website but they can't show what it feels like when you hold and shoulder a gun. I think you will be very pleased when you get your hands on it. Congrats to you for a well thought out gun and to Roy for creating it. Humm, :hmm: seems like Roy has been getting his share of southern rifles to create here lately, wonder why? :thumbsup:

A sweetheart for sure!
The harmony of color and texture is supremo, and those keys [pins?],........the perfect note.
Take a bow Mr. Stroh. :thumbsup:
Longshot

Hey Dave,

Roy emailed a couple of pics the day you were over. I'm tickled also about the stain and finish. I left that completely to Roy, all I said was not to dark and to light...LOL.

Yea I was hoping for a trim squirrel rifle to carry through the woods. Can't wait to see the copper wear plate in person, should look really cool when it begins to patina.

Yep Roy is an artist but more important he is a great person to deal and communicate with, plus he shoots stik-bows. :thumbsup:

Thanks again :thumbsup:

I am about to shoot it here in a bit :grin: :thumbsup:

first three shots... 25grains of 3f .008 spit patch, hornady 000 buck (.350)@ 25yds... holding 6 o'clock on the 2" dot.

S6300449.jpg

First is the lowest one... user error... #2 & 3 is in one hole... :grin: Need to take a bit off the front sight... :thumbsup:

Patches look great. ragged around the edges, but thats me cutting from the muzzle..

S6300451.jpg

Squirrels are in trouble. Nothing better than squirrel on a plate.

Looking good Roy. Appreciate you getting her sighted in close for me. :hatsoff:

Its a joy when your first powder/patch/ball combo do that right at the start. I'll shoot it a few more times, get it more to POA but I imagine that'll be about 2 more shots :haha:

:hmm: then 3 more for the contest. :thumbsup:

Back