• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Round Balls

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oregonjohn

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Greetings. Does anyone know of a commercial source for .62, .625, .63 round balls. Am planning on a .66 musket and want to see what she will like to eat before I get a mould. Will be using ball and patch as well as cartridges. Thanks

Hey Musketman. Thanks for posting the round ball sites. I had already checked them all out however and find for all that there is a space between .61 and .648...right where I need to be. Might just get a Tanner Mould and take a chance with .625. Appreciate your time in looking up the sites.
All the Best,
John in Oregon

Hey John, sounds like you are getting serious about that new gun.... I would bet that the .625 would be right in there for the .660 bore most use a ball .020-.040 under bore size in the bigger smoothies, I have use .550 and .535 in my .58 and they both worked well Jeffs mouds are cheap enough that it is not a great risk when ordering one. Good luck and good shootin'...TG

John, Warren Muzzleloading Co in Arkansas make a high quality line of 100% lead, spruless round balls...(phone # 800-874-3810)

Their catalog has a table listing the calibers and associated round ball diameters...a 66cal is listed but the diameter of the ball for it is listed as 648 (not 620, 625, 630)
Don't know if this is of any interest or help...

Latest posts

Back