• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rodgers Rangers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George F.

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anybody out there remember the TV show about Rodgers Rangers back in the 60's? I don't remember any of the actors names, but, I'm sure that one of the major actors also played with Fess Parker in the Disney series Davy Crocket. ...Geo.

Yup. I saw a couple of episodes not too long ago. It was Buddy Ebsen who played a sergeant in the Rangers I believe.

Yes, Yes! That's the show. I can't believe I couldn't remember that it was Buddy Ebsen.

I think the movie "Northwest Passage" starred Spencer Tracy, Robert Young, and Walter Brennen, among a few of the cast. ...Geo.

I do believe the TV series with Buddy Ebsen starred Keith Larson like you stated. ..Sorry my other post was meant for Claude after listening to the music stuff,Which I don't remember from either. ...Geo.

Buddy Ebsen played Hunk Mariner in the series, the part played by Walter Brennan in the movie. Seen the movie several times; watched the tv show every saturday morning, when I was a young'un.

I bought a DVD on Amazon with three episodes of the TV series. I thought I was buying the movie.

It's pretty laughable by today's standards. I re-played a lot of scenes after saying "Now, wait a minute"......

jimmytheshank said:
Too bad the movie itself aint available. Been dying to see the movie again. :(

How bad do you want it?

http://www.vicpine.co.uk/Northwest-Passage.htm

The movie was said to be very expensive to make because of the beautiful scenery photography. Fun to watch too! I have a slight disagreement with the Rangers' outfits though as they make the guys look like elves.

Back