• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RMAC .22 cal info?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mastadonald

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello all, was wondering if anyone had any experience or info on the RMAC .22 blackpowder rifle. All I have seen is a brief mention in Sam Fadala's book. Any help out there?

Howdy Mastadon,
After reading about one in a 1971 blackpowder book, I bought the first one I saw. It is the ONLY one that I have ever seen. The little thing is like new and as cute as a button. They are about the size of the "Cricket" 22 rifle. There is a little twist breach that you rotate 90 degrees and dump in 5-7 grains of FFF and push in a .24 ball (I have to use pliers with leather on the jaws). Remove the cap holder on the other side of the breach and put in a cap, they use a cap like used in a cap pistol. Rotate the breach back to line up with the barrel and shoot. The caps are the problem, when the gun was made, the caps had more powder in them. The new ones don't have much and you have to use two to get them to fire. I don't know how to post a picture or I would.
Lee

Last rendezvous I attened a friend had a .22 cal blackpowder rifle that he just picked up at a flea market. I have to agree it was one of the neatest little rifles I ever saw. Didn't know they made such a thing. Next time I see him I'll have to find out if he shot it yet.....one of those LED's from a light-up fishing bobber fit down the bore just right to check the inside. I pass the info on to him.

On the RMAC 22, you just rotate the little breach 180 degrees and lift it out. Then you can look down the barrel like a bolt action rifle with the bolt out of it.

Hi Lee. I just found one unfired in the box! Box is worse for wear but gun is pristine, and very cool. I remember seeing one YEARS ago, this is the second I have seen. I will have to keep it unfired until my 16 month old daughter is old enough to try it out.

I had tried to find one of those a couple of years back but couldn't locate one for sale. If any of you guys run across one let me know.

Howdy Folks,
In case anyone is interested, here is one of those cute little 22 rifles for sale:
[url] http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=43643381[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Having used one with three preteenagers I've come to the conclusion that most boys are too impatient to load unfixed ammo. :(

Back