• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Reworked 58 Remmy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
look`s real good , i also did the same thing to mine a few years back and it has been my favorite handgun since ,nice job . :thumbsup:

Airborne: That looks GREAT!! Looks like an original. Hope you don't mind if I copy your technique on one of mine? Again, great job. :thumbsup:

I didnt know you couldnt have a backup in Ohio.
I lived in Lancaster for 15 years.
But I never checked into it and I never did any hunting up there either.

Thanks Ricky.
I don't mind. Have at it.
Let me know if you need any help.
The only thing I might consider doing is when I rubbed the laurel mountain forge browning degreaser on, if I had continued rubbing it in I would have gotten a nice shiny copper color.
They tell you this in the directions.
If you want a rust brown color do smooth strokes.
If you rub in a circular motion you get a copper color.
That copper tinge looked really nice.
But I went ahead and wiped it off for the look I have now.

Yeah kinda sucks being a Muzzle Loader hunter during regular gun season. Way too many wackos out there. You almost need a repeating backup arm in some places.

58remmy461.jpg
58remmy462.jpg

I hope so.
I remember hearing that you should carry two BP revolvers in case one of them jams.

82 airborne said:
I hope so.
I remember hearing that you should carry two BP revolvers in case one of them jams.

Only need 2 guns if you need 12 shots...a couple extra seconds making sure things are clean and dry obviates the need for back-ups.

Latest posts

Back