• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Revolver grease packing

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question about fouling. The 1858 Remington Navy I have is prone to getting fouled pretty bad around the cylinder pin. So much so, that by the 5th shot, it’s really hard to spin the cylinder to the 6th, and I have to use a mallet and dowel to get the pin out so I can clean up the pin and the cylinder center hole to fire any more, but the same thing happens on the next 6 rounds. By the 6th shot, I’m lucky to get it to spin.

I’ve tried using marine grade grease on the cylinder pin and that helps a bit, but I still have binding before shooting two full cylinders, and the grease makes a mess.

Any thoughts? *** Found Mike's explanation and fix for this problem after some more digging: https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/packing-with-grease.139413/post-1953269

There ya go! That should keep ya going all day!!

I have 4 Uberti Colts I have not fired yet. I wiped them down when I received them and put them in display cases I ordered at the same time. If I pack the action with grease do I need to do a thorough cleaning or just pack the grease with the revolvers as new? Should I put Mobil One on the arbors as well? I have been advised to do so with my Remington.

I have 4 Uberti Colts I have not fired yet. I wiped them down when I received them and put them in display cases I ordered at the same time. If I pack the action with grease do I need to do a thorough cleaning or just pack the grease with the revolvers as new? Should I put Mobil One on the arbors as well? I have been advised to do so with my Remington.

Great questions . . . yes.

Mike

Is there anyone how puts a thick coating of grease on their flintlock or percussion lock? I would think it would work fine as well but having all that grease up against the stock would be problematic.

Is there anyone how puts a thick coating of grease on their flintlock or percussion lock? I would think it would work fine as well but having all that grease up against the stock would be problematic.
hey thats a good question. i would like to know the answer to that. maybe someone will come by here and answer that question for us.soet of wondering would it hurt the wood in the lock area.

Latest posts

Back