• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Replicas of the Colt 1847 Walker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Long Johns Wolf

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I am researching the makers of the .44 cal. hand cannons.
It is my understanding that Armi san Marco was the first industrial maker starting in 1960, after Colt had production of the military and civilian models in 1847 at the Whitneyville factory.
I saw pictures of sales ads of Palmetto made Walkers but could read the Italian year codes.
Are there any owners of Palmetto Walkers out there that would care to share their year codes with me?
In addition I also am wondering if Palmetto was actually the maker of these Walkers.
Could they have been made by Uberti instead but were marketed only under the Palmetto label?
Unfortunately, there is nobody left in Gardone that I could ask.
Thanks a lot.
Long Johns Wolf

Last edited:
I have an ASM marketed by CVA that has a date code of 1991. At least that is what is on the note I put in the box. Can't seem to find the date code at the moment.

Woody

If memory serves ASM started the show by making their Walkers from 1962.
Uberti followed towards the end of the 1960s.
Then there was Palmetto which just might be Walkers from Uberti finished by Palmetto from sometime in the 1970s.
The Walkers were also available as F-series in the 2nd Gen Colts and in the 3rd Gen.
Finally, USFA made a handful, too.
Regarding the three US makers they used guns provided "in the white" by Uberti and to a certain extend also ASM.
Long Johns Wolf

Back