• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Replicas of the Colt 1847 Walker - the Second

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Long Johns Wolf

36 Cal.
Reaction score
USPFA/USFA was a firearms maker in Hartford, CT between 1992 and 2011.
In addition to their core business of high end Colt 1873 SAA replicas they marketed Colt pattern percussion revolvers.
Complete percussion revolvers were received "in the white" w/o markings from both Armi san Marco (allegedly) and Uberti (confirmed).
Allegedly again these two Italian makers also shipped kits to USPFA/USFA to be assembled at the Hartford factory.
USPFA/USFA then finished these Italian percussion revolvers and applied their maker's mark.
My question here for the initiates: are any Colt 1847 Walkers know with the USPFA/USFA maker's mark?
Any information regarding this subject is appreciated.
Long Johns Wolf

Mine, #1816, has ZERO marking on it at all that were not identical to the original style of gun. Having been assembled in the USA from supplied parts, it was not required to have any form of proof or 'proof' of proof, nor origination stamps. Needless to say, it DID have a bunch of British Proof marks, but they had been done so that they were not visible without dismantling the piece.

I've only seen 1851's and 1860's from USPFA. Those are rarer than hen's teeth.

Back