• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Renew the finish on my brazier?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaeger

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey Fellows....My brazier is looking pretty rusty. Anybody have any ideas about how to make it look black the way it did with its original finish? Any suggestions for refinishing it?

What does this have to do with muzzle loaders and black powder?
Camp & Trail Gear.

br273P1020391_360x.jpg

Thanks for all the suggestions, folks! A lot of good information here.....just like I knew there would be.

Hey Fellows....My brazier is looking pretty rusty. Anybody have any ideas about how to make it look black the way it did with its original finish? Any suggestions for refinishing it?
I'd simply do as appalichian hunter said above.
Stove black is good, but there are many high temp flat black paints available in rattle cans that work just fine too.
I actually use flat black on the top flat of my rifle barrels,, I remove the sights, mask it off and paint it,, it eliminates any possible glare off the barrel that can happen, giving me a clearer sight picture.
(tricks of the trade)

Back