• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Region maps are LOUSED UP !

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Colorado is not midwest....
CensusMap.png

Chuckle chuckle, time was when Illinois and Wisconsin were part of the northwest. Alaska has the farthest east part of US. New York New Jersey and Pennsylvania used to be the middle.

Well If my glasses aren't too dirty I see North and South Dakota, Nebraska Kansas Missouri Iowa Minnesota, Wisconsin ,Michigan Ohio Illinois and Indiana in the Midwestern states.

Colorado is in the western group.
You are correct of course, but I believe the OP is talking about the midwest section here on the forum. The map he showed was the correct one. See screenshot below of what he's talking about.
Screenshot_20210401-231354_Samsung Internet.jpg

If you folks don't like Colorado being in the MidWest section, I suggest that you take it up with Claude Mathis.
He's the guy who started the Muzzleloading Forum and he's the guy who set up the maps for the Regional Forum section.

You might have a bit of a problem getting ahold of Claude though. He sold the forum several years ago and I haven't seen him around here for over a year.

If you folks don't like Colorado being in the MidWest section, I suggest that you take it up with Claude Mathis.
He's the guy who started the Muzzleloading Forum and he's the guy who set up the maps for the Regional Forum section.

You might have a bit of a problem getting ahold of Claude though. He sold the forum several years ago and I haven't seen him around here for over a year.

Zonie, it's no problem, just pointing out the discrepancy.

Look at 5 different maps of the various areas of the USA and you will likely get 5 different sets of maps. Take my area, for example. Some maps show the southwest as AZ, NM, TX, and OK, while other maps variously include CA, NV, UT, and CO. You get the idea. I'm sure there are Texans who consider themselves southerners, and probably some Oklahomans who consider themselves either southerners or mid-westerners, rather than thinking of their states as part of the "southwest." I tend to think of the American southwest as TX, NM AZ, UT, NV, CO and CA (or at least the southern half of it). :dunno:

I dunno. I have lived in CO for a long time and never heard it considered "midwest". West or Rocky Mountain region is what I have always known it by. However, I grew up in the PA mountains. And it's considered "northeast", but we always called it North Appalachia, so I guess it's whatever someone wants to call the area they live.

Claude did not do the Marylanders any justice with the placement of the state in the northeast, The old line state is south of the Mason Dixon line.

Yes it is, but it is related to the regions in the site as North East. If you look at the maps in the OP it is south. Hell I practically live on the Mason Dixon line, the south side of course.

Yes it is, but it is related to the regions in the site as North East. If you look at the maps in the OP it is south. Hell I practically live on the Mason Dixon line, the south side of course.
I always called that area Mid-Atlantic........... There's even contention on which States make up the Mid-Atlantic region. Some, myself included consider Virginia and NC to be Mid-Atlantic States, others lump them in with the Southeastern region. Such is life........

I brought this up before, and it seems someone brings it up every so often. It is a genuine error, but I wouldn't call it FUBAR. At no point in American's history have those states been considered the midwest. Generally some like SD, ND, and NE get grouped in with the midwest for census purposes, but geographically they are very different. The ONLY thing that needs to be changed on this forum is to change the "midwest" to something like plains states. The real midwest is called the great lakes states, which is accurate enough.

As it is, whoever has control over naming forums does not care, and that is their right to name it anything they want, even if it is not correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back