• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Region maps are LOUSED UP !

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't DC be considered Southern between Maryland and Virginia?

Wow, just wow. Missouri, you MAYBE have a point. Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, and Utah have NEVER been considered the midwest, not now or in the past. Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, and North Dakota have never been considered the midwest by anyone I ever knew except for the census.

It is totally amazing that Americans are defending this mistake. Have you ever been to any of theses states? They have about as much in common with the midwest than Canada does to Peru. The geography is completely different, the weather is completely different, and the culture is different. If you said these states were midwest in any classroom in the USA, you would be told you are wrong.

Wow, just wow. Missouri, you MAYBE have a point. Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, and Utah have NEVER been considered the midwest, not now or in the past. Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, and North Dakota have never been considered the midwest by anyone I ever knew except for the census.

It is totally amazing that Americans are defending this mistake. Have you ever been to any of theses states? They have about as much in common with the midwest than Canada does to Peru. The geography is completely different, the weather is completely different, and the culture is different. If you said these states were midwest in any classroom in the USA, you would be told you are wrong.
If one lives in Canada these US States are all in the south..........

us-continental-map.png

Last edited:
It seems I'm one of about 3 people that get it. The midwest is not a direction. It is a region of the United States, and it is NOT the states listed in this forums subsection.

It seems I'm one of about 3 people that get it. The midwest is not a direction. It is a region of the United States, and it is NOT the states listed in this forums subsection.
Well that's a rather parochial approach. I never said the midwest was a direction yet in a way it is, it's using directional constructs to define a region. And different people define which states are in it differently. Such is life.

Last edited:
Nobody who completed high school in the USA would define 75% of the states in this subforum as midwest. It is a mistake, and you know it. The owner can call it whatever they want, but I hate when people try and defend it as a possible fact. I know the new cool thing is for everything wrong to be right, and everything right to be wrong, but I can provide a mountain of evidence against this.

Nobody who completed high school in the USA would define 75% of the states in this subforum as midwest. It is a mistake, and you know it. The owner can call it whatever they want, but I hate when people try and defend it as a possible fact. I know the new cool thing is for everything wrong to be right, and everything right to be wrong, but I can provide a mountain of evidence against this.
Oh here we go again, bet you think I'm some new age progressive revisionist.......... lol

Seems to me like a few people just want something to grump about.
I get tired of grumpy posts and I know many other members on the forum do too so I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back