• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Red Hawk Trading Tents

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckg413

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone out there have any experience with tents from Red Hawk Trading?

Around here (Ohio) we usually see mostly Panther, Tentsmiths, Four Season's and some Strinz Tents, (all make a quality product from what I have seen.

I was wondering how Red Hawks products may compare.

Red Hawk makes a very good product. I had one of their 12'x18' modified pyramids for about 15 years and it was a great tent. Getting older and mostly rendezvous alone so I did'nt need a large tent & sold it last summer. I have also owned panther pyramid and currently own a R&K pyramid. IMHO - I rate the Red Hawk the best 10/10, panther very close at 9.5/10 and my current R&K falls way off the quality mark at 6/10. If I was buying right now I am 100% sure I would be ordering another Red Hawk. Your milage may vary. Good luck on your purchase.

Strawstalker, Colorado Territory

Father in law just recieved a 10x10 diamond from red hawk. Very impressed its top quality.

I have been trading with Red Hawk for about 15 years. Have bought a 20' TeePee,a 10 X 10 range TP, and a diamond shelter from them. They are good people. Easy to work with, Very good products. I have been happy with all that I have bought.

I'm in Ohio and I have used my 10x10 diamond on for five-seven years now, love it. When I ordered I had it in less than a weeks time and that was with a custom request to sew ties on two side on the underside of the edges.

FGV

Thanks Everybody, I think I am going to give them a call, sounds like they're a good outfit.

Muddy

I bought a 12X12 pyramid from them this past winter and have stayed in it a couple times. It appears to be well made. I recently set up at the Santa Fe Trail Rendezvous and we had torrents of rain one evening. Besides water flowing underneath the sod cloths (which is not the fault of the tent) I stayed completely dry.

I have only one objection to the Redhawk product - in my opinion, find another maker for the tent stakes! I ordered tent stakes from Redhawk at the same time I ordered my tent. The stakes they provide are 12" nails with washers welded just underneath their heads. If the ground you camp on is soft these simply do not cut it. I bought the forged stakes from Track a couple years back for another tent and will soon replace the nails with those. The square forged stake with a hook top are much better in my opinion and stay put after being set.

waturz said:
I have only one objection to the Redhawk product - in my opinion, find another maker for the tent stakes! I ordered tent stakes from Redhawk at the same time I ordered my tent. The stakes they provide are 12" nails with washers welded just underneath their heads. If the ground you camp on is soft these simply do not cut it. I bought the forged stakes from Track a couple years back for another tent and will soon replace the nails with those. The square forged stake with a hook top are much better in my opinion and stay put after being set.

Thanks for the reply, I had not intended to buy stakes from them, but it is good to know. I generally use forged stakes also.

Just wanted to up-date my post by letting everyone know that I did purchase a 15X15 Marquee and Fly from Red Hawk. The tent was everything I wanted, great quality, fast service, and friendly and helpful people.

Muddy

Back