• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ratio unmentionables to BP firearms?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Due to age and health, I have been selling off quite a bit of my 'stuff', including guns. Currently, I have six UMs, three of those small carry pistols, and four ml rifles. I plan to put up one or two of those rifles for sale soon.

What in tarnation is all these UM’s and unmentionables folks is talking about? Did these things come out of granny’s dresser drawer?

Next thing you know y’all will be saying you load your balls and powder in a little brass tube, size of your finger and that your powder don’t smoke!

This topic has got me thinking to do an inventory of my guns. The kids and grandkids can use it as a treasure hunt "map" when I'm dead. Maybe I'll sell all the guns and just leave the inventory! 😀

Does one TC with four barrels count as one or four?

Honestly, don' really know. Moved in 2004. Some I've not seen since they were put in gun safes. ML's I shoot semi=regularly, about a dozen shotguns, rifles, pistols. "Projects" - around a half-dozen. Two being shipped to me today. Ratio is about 5 to 1.

I used to collect Ruger revolvers, DA's and SA's, so I have a safe full of them. I will never own as many percussion revolvers as I do cartridge revolvers. Well....never say never, but probably not. Double Action .38's and .357's will always have a place in my heart

I do NOW own more muzzleloading rifles and muskets than cartridge long guns, because I sold off most of a 100+ piece military bolt action and breech loading rifle collection over 10 years ago.

Ammo prices have got me into mostly shooting my cap and ballers and I have more or less stopped looking to buy or make .45 LC, ,38. etc and I stay stocked on caps, powder and balls instead

Muzzleloading rifles are a little less convenient since my range doesn't allow muzzleloaders at the pistol ranges anymore, and setting up on the rifle range isn't something I always feel like doing. I actually just bought a Uberti 1858 Remington carbine that I can shoot anywhere at my club.

All I know is the 5 guns in the front of the gun safe that get shot the most - and mean the most to me - are all BP. (Some are BPCR)

38 ML [includes 9 revolvers] to 1 breech loader. :thumb: Happiness is? oooops! Forgot I just sold one. 37 Mea Culpa. oops again, I can't count 41

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back