• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Question on Kentuckian 45 cal?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pretty

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have been offered one and don't know anything about them it's a cap lock. sure could use some Info such as are they accurate and what kind of price do they sell for?
Thank you

It's all in barrel condition and load development.
What brand?

Offered as in free? Take it. They are known for accurate barrels. Repair parts may be difficult but not impossible to find.

400, have to know brand. See pics.
I just this month bough a Lyman Great plains 54 factory built 2020, a Lyman Hunter I think, 54 built 2017 a Lyman Plains pistol 54 built 2019. All unfired. Rifles have the Lyman peep system. Paid 300 each on rifles and 150 on the pistol.
Picked up a TC Renegade 54 barely fired today in a pawn shop for 300.
Last month a Navy Arms Buffalo Hunter 58 unfired 350.
Point is there are some good deals out there.
I'll admit my luck has been dang out of the ordinary lately.
Just don't tell the wife. Having hard time hiding them.

IIRC we got a group buy of rifles bearing that brand in about 1985. Think they came from DGW or EMF. half were flint and rest cap All were .45 and tolerable quality from Italy, Price was very low and they sold ok. We never shot any so can't help there.

I googled "kentuckian . 45" and found a couple. They have a oval patchbox.

Last edited:
I would say $400 is high, they were comparable to the CVA rifles of the time. Just made in Italy instead of Spain. If in Brand new condition 400 may be fair in your market. Go down from there for any condition issues.

$400 may be ok if like new. Parts will be tough if not. Just looked at some auctions of these and seen prices starting at $500. Cut above CVA but far below current Pedersoli with similar name. Then again (due to current induced insanity) i have NO idea what anything is worth in current dollars. I personally would not exceed a couple hundred right now, Best to have a good bore light like the bobber ones.

Latest posts

Back