• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Question about creating a priming flask from a 30 cal casing

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper1993

40 Cal
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to create a good seal between the nozzle and the casing. I was thinking of coating the checkered part with JB weld and crimping the casing around it. I also have the primer removed and I'm not sure if I should plug the hole with a piece of leather, a bead of glue or if just having the spent primer there would be ok. (I'm trying to give the powder a place to blow out of in case the thing detonates) It's going to be in my pocket or bag, im not going to wear it around my neck
20220501_145934.jpg
4971-250-001-400x400.jpg

Remove the measuring plunger spout .Solder the bushing into the neck , you may have to use extra solder to fill the gap , or neck the case down to 7mm then force the bushing in and solder it ,
Cut the base off and make a wooden or bone plug to fit ,use 4 pins to pin the plug in, use bees wax to fill any gaps , don't glue it as that makes it into a little bomb .
Remove the measure plunger spout to fill the case with ffffg , those little spouts don't like bigger f's .
If you keep it in your pocket the spout may work in and out as you walk and empty itself .
Reloading funnels like the Lee one are useful for filling not spilling .
You could use JB weld but crimping would look naff ,clean & rough the inside of the neck to help the glue to hold . Take the plunger out before soldering or gluing .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back