• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

.32 Traditions Debacle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
Happy to hear of new blood in the gang.
You guys in the USA have it great, you can have real black powder shipped right to your door.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, get a few fellows together and order 25 lbs. and split the cost and shipment.
With that pea shooter, four or five pounds should last two or three lifetimes.
When you consider a pound has 7000 grains, and you may shoot 25 grains, you will get about 280 shots.
Not that much when you think about it.
So maybe you should get 10 lbs.
Best of luck!
Fred

Thank you, sir... I never did the math on how many shots it'd get me...
bit off topic, but does muzzle loaders fall under the PAL up there for yall?

The Traditions Crockett is a handy dandy neat little rifle that I grew to hate after 4 years.

However, THAT is not the norm. Most love it, and it has a very good reputation.

For me however, I could never get it to group as well as I wanted. (That too is not the norm for the Crockett, and it was before I joined this forum.) But what drove me nuts was the troll that lives in the barrel. On many there is a gap internally at the breech plug that grabs patches like a monster. I often found myself hooking the ramrod with a nail through a hole in the end of it like a T- in a notch in some heavy equipment (a weight machine) and pulling on the rifle saying words my momma wouldn't like and praying it would come free.

Just be very careful of that issue. . . I bought several bore swabs and used them . . and a small brush . . small . . . to clean the breech . . . and to avoid the patch monster.

Great rifle though, nicely balanced and attractive. I never had the gun misfire or not go off for me. . . I just couldn't get it to hit golf ball size groups.

I'm still (slowly) working on consistent groups with it, but so far, I think it's more me than the rifle.

I've not yet experienced issues with losing patches. I've even ran several down the barrel dry just to see after warnings from folks here and have never had one stay so hopefully that will be my norm. Been careful on cleaning it so far and it's ignited the blackpowder bug in me again.

For us, flintlock rifles/muskets are considered antiques and no PAL is required to acquire. Storage and transportation laws are the same for them as any other non-restricted rifle. Caplocks require a PAL to acquire.

Flintlock pistols are restricted same as any modern type. We live so much safer since gangbangers can't easily get them to terrorize our neighborhoods.

Rob........being in the South, do you have a Bass Pro Shop in reasonable driving distance? they stock Black powder.......OR .....maybe you and your shooting friend could split a small shipment from a powder house online like Graf & Sons, also splitting the shipping and Haz-Mat fee (that's the cheapest way i've found to buy BP)

Rob in NC said:
Thank you, sir... I never did the math on how many shots it'd get me...
bit off topic, but does muzzle loaders fall under the PAL up there for yall?
Hi,
Yes muzzle loaders fall under a gun license (PAL)
However flintlock rifles do not?? Fine with me, many of my guns are flint.
Actually the PAL ( Posession Acquisition License ) is not all that bad, except the cost is ever increasing.
I does make sure that all who have guns legit are trained in their safe use.
We still do have gang bangers shooting up neighborhoods as many cities have this problem.
And "NO" their guns are not registered to them gang bangers.
Best regards!
Fred

We still do have gang bangers shooting up neighborhoods as many cities have this problem.

:shocked2: WHAT? Gun control and yet you still have criminals with guns? :hmm:

azmntman said:

:shocked2: WHAT? Gun control and yet you still have criminals with guns? :hmm:

They must not know they are breaking the law! :rotf:

One of the greatest stories I’ve read here! Kept a smile on my face the whole day. We’ve all experience problems like you’ve encountered, just not all at once! 😀 Glad you got everything corrected and really glad that you had a sense of humor about it and are not giving up.
Thanks for sharing again. Art

Thank you, sir....
As an update, I've shot the .32 a bit. Not a ton, but groups are tightening up for me, mainly because I'm getting used to the gun, I believe. I'm typically putting shots inside a squirrels head at 25 yards now with it.
Will continue to tinker around and enjoy it!

Back