• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Question: AAI NKC imported Regulator grip frame

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obi2Winky

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello,
I was hoping to swap grip frames with an 1860 colt. Does anyone know if the AAI NKC imported Regulators are Uberti made, and if a modern Uberti 1860 grip frame would fit?
thanks!

What do AAI & NKC stand for? Do you have a link? If Uberti made them it's very likely they are marked, usually on the bottom of the barrel when you drop the loading lever.

Sorry, to clarify, the Regulator imported by AAI NKC is a Colt 1873 SAA clone. I just have a hard time with the small grip and wanted to try the 1860 grip frame. But the AAI NKC is an importer from the 70s and I don't see any Uberti markings on the gun itseld.

It is an 1973 Army made by Uberti imported to the US.

It should be marked AAINKC MO on the barrel, which is American Arms Incorporated North Kansas City Missouri.

Uberti 1860 gripframe (wood, backstrap, and triggerguard) should work with maybe some minor fitting. You may also need an 1860 Army mainspring.

Regards,

Jim

It should be marked AAINKC MO on the barrel, which is American Arms Incorporated North Kansas City Missouri.

Uberti 1860 gripframe (wood, backstrap, and triggerguard) should work with maybe some minor fitting. You may also need an 1860 Army mainspring.

Regards,

Jim

Edit: Sorry: I meant 1873 Army.

Jim

Regards,

Jim

I see exactly the mark you indicated. Now I know for certain it's Uberti made. thank you!

Latest posts

Back