• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pyrodex in a caplock?????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So are you sure I can use it :hmm: ? I'm trusting you guys. The store clerk did say people had brought guns back, because the barrel had exploded from using Pyrodex.

How to you post pictures on this forum anyway?
I would take anything that clerk says with about a cup of salt... maybe speak with the proprietor and ask him how much stock you can put in those claims.

And now, for our non-British readers -

Here in UK black powder is classed as a Class 1 Explosive, for which you must have an Explosives License to buy, transport and store. You are limited to a total of 25kg at any one time. It lasts five years, and is free. Many of us have one running alongside our Section 1 or Section 2 Firearms Certificate for ease of renewal.

It must be stored in a Home Office-approved safe container, made of wood, with flameproof contact points around the lid to prevent flames getting in [easily]. You can buy them. or make them using plans off the internet, but it must be compartmentalised so as to hold a number of containers, each one of which may not hold more than 250gr/1 lb of black powder.

Back