• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Provisional hole in barrel is off

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry gang,

Unexpected family in town for Father’s day and had some family medical errands to help with today.

A lot to digest here. As Phil points out, that is the exact cap I have, modifying it isn’t an option. And it’s hard to see in the picture, but the bolster/drum is center in the lock plate, maybe a 1/16 gap even all around, not enough to move the barrel and tang enough.

Thought about a spacer. dealt with one for a cva kentucky. the original one was too small, made a wider one. that wasn’t bad as it was between two solid pieces of wood. this cap is a little wonky.

Now, a couple good ideas here. I really like the idea of pouring a pewter cap. never done anything like that before. What kind of skill level are we talking about? I pour my own ball, so familiar with the idea, but getting this in place on the end of a pistol?

maybe pour the pewter as a spacer? not sure of that would stay put out even look good. really liking the idea of the pewter cap. talk me into or out of that!

thanks again for your help!

Latest posts

Back