• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pro Libertate’s New Pedersoli Brown Bess Carbine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pro Libertate

40 Cal
Reaction score
I’d been looking at Pedersoli’s Brown Bess offerings for quite some time. I just discovered that Buffalo Arms had two in stock (the standard and carbine versions) and they were gracious enough to let me come down and get my hands on ‘em before making the decision to purchase. I had heard that quality was sort of hit or miss, so I felt a lot better about being able to handle them for myself as opposed to purchasing sight unseen. I ultimately decided upon the “carbine” version, which is a bit of a misnomer… it’s longer than the vast majority of rifles I own!

Overall, I’m quite impressed with the BB’s quality. It feels as solid as any military firearm I’ve ever handled. I’m a little disappointed that Pedersoli doesn’t include any accessories for the price, however… is a cleaning jag too much to ask for?

IMG_9819.jpeg

A good choice in my opinion. I had the chance to shoot on a while back and loved it.
I’m glad for the affirmation! As a history lover, I just had to have one (despite its obvious inaccuracies). I’ve recently started making my own black powder and molding my own round balls, and I’m thoroughly enjoying my newfound self-sufficiency in that respect.

Last edited:
I couldn’t help but notice that my carbine didn’t come with sling swivels. Can anyone who has purchased one verify theirs also didn’t?

The Carbines do not come with "sling swivels". I installed a set on mine, The bottom one is no problem, it just screws onto the trigger gaurd
. The top one has to have a lug, silvered soldered onto the bottom of the BBL, and drilled out for the swivel screw, thru the stock. That is the only way to get a solid mount. Not a real easy thing for a lot of people to do. Then the lug must be inletted into the BBL channel.

The sling swivels are available at "Track of the Wolff".

Dave

Last edited:
I’d been looking at Pedersoli’s Brown Bess offerings for quite some time. I just discovered that Buffalo Arms had two in stock (the standard and carbine versions) and they were gracious enough to let me come down and get my hands on ‘em before making the decision to purchase. I had heard that quality was sort of hit or miss, so I felt a lot better about being able to handle them for myself as opposed to purchasing sight unseen. I ultimately decided upon the “carbine” version, which is a bit of a misnomer… it’s longer than the vast majority of rifles I own!

Overall, I’m quite impressed with the BB’s quality. It feels as solid as any military firearm I’ve ever handled. I’m a little disappointed that Pedersoli doesn’t include any accessories for the price, however… is a cleaning jag too much to ask for?

View attachment 308209

Back