• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pour spout for 1-pound Swiss BP bottles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naphtali

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a substantial amount of plastic one-pound bottles of Swiss [brand] black powder. The pour spout I have for Goex cans does not attach to Swiss bottles.

Please identify pour spouts for Swiss bottles. If no one manufactures such a spout and jury-rigged spouts have been created, show me how to DYI any jury-rigged that works.

Take one of your container tops and a 30-06 or any long bottle neck 25 to 35 cal rifle case - cut off the primer end of the case so that you now have a tube - drill a hole in the container top the diameter of the "cartridge tube" and solder it on the container top. Put a cork or other stopper in the "cartridge tube" opening - done. For storage when not on the range replace the pour spout top with a normal top. :thumbsup:

I have been using the old-type metal cap spout that was originally made for the metal Goex cans. I think I got it from Track of the Wolf. The newer cap for plastic Goex cans is too big, but the old-type metal cap-spout for the metal Goex can went right on my Swiss bottles with no modification.

Made one for my Goex metal can 40 years ago w a .30-06 case and JB Weld. Cover is a .41 mag case, has a nice friction fit. Now I pour from plastic cans into an old Goex can. The metal can fits a space in my shooting box that the plastic doesn't.

I made my "plastic cap" funnel cap by drilling a hole in the plastic lid slightly smaller than my rifle shell casing (primer removed ) pressing the casing through the hole and epoxied it in place. I then made a "cap" out of wood taper drilled to a tight fit on the casing.. :idunno: :idunno:

Or just buy a mini funnel at the dollar store cut off the spout and JB Weld it to a spare cap with hole punched in it

SDSmlf said:
Believe Swiss plastic bottles have plastic caps. Solder a brass rifle case to it?

True, it is quite difficult to solder to plastic. However, if one goes to the hardware store and gets a washer that will fit into the cap and then drills out the hole to the size of the cartridge case, you can solder the cartridge case to the washer. Then drill a hole in the cap just big enough for the cartridge case to pass through. Put some instant glue onto the washer and glue it into the cap and you are ready to go. It is mandatory that you keep your powder can closed at all times when you are not actually pouring powder from it. You can cover your spout with an empty handgun cartridge such as a .38 Special, etc. I have seen folks who have soldered one end of a short brass chain to the spout and the other to the covering cartridge case. This prevents loosing the spout cover.

Back