• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Spout for Goex plastic bottle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a lot of gear oil in my tractor, the type I use has a cap that fits a plastic Goex can perfectly. I use a brand of BBQ sauce that also has a similar cap that fits as well.

Here they are, gear oil and BBQ sauce bottle caps.

Goex caps.JPG

I bought a totw spout with valve a few months ago. I didn’t know it was for a metal can instead of the plastic ones sold here in Canada. So I simply removed the spout and nut from the metal can lid it came with and put an appropriate sized hole in the plastic lid of the plastic goex and voila. Now whenever I buy a new can I toss he cap it comes with and put this cap on.
View attachment 50988
View attachment 50989View attachment 50990View attachment 50991
that is great & good to know.

I found a metal cap that fit. Drilled a hole in it then used a tubing cutter to cut shell casing. Sanded it flat and square and soldered it on. Did the same years ago for the GOEX metal cans. My stopper is a silicone plug made for plugging ends of arrow shafts for dipping arrow shafting in lacquer filled dipping tubes.

Why go all thru the hassle of trying to make one when you can buy one for a couple of bucks. RMCOxyoke sells a spout for all 3 types of cans.

I bought the one from TOTW, a plastic one with a rubber cover. It works great with 3Fg, ok with 2Fg, but sucks with 1Fg. Most of what I've been shooting this year was 1Fg. The problem is the hole is too small. I ended up cutting it down some so the hole is bigger, but the rubber cover no longer fits. I also took a cap from a second one, cut a 308 winchester brass in half, drilled a same size hole in the cap, and hot glued the brass in. Boom, 2 minute job, and I built a cap spout better than I can buy. At the same time, I used a second piece of brass to cast a hot glue stopper.

I use a lot of gear oil in my tractor, the type I use has a cap that fits a plastic Goex can perfectly. I use a brand of BBQ sauce that also has a similar cap that fits as well.

Here they are, gear oil and BBQ sauce bottle caps.

View attachment 51018

I took a look around various shelves down in the barn and saw several possible candidates. Trouble is all the bottles still had oil in them. I may have to look at the grocery store for some of that BBQ sauce, I think I would enjoy emptying that container more so than using up a bunch of gear oil.

Back