• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pot lucks and dutch ovens...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trina

40 Cal.
Reaction score
At the renedezvous around here quite often either the groups throwing the event or folks that are there together will have a potluck.... what is your favorite potluck dish for such occasions.

I usually do a chicken enchilada type casserole, and if my nephew is around always deviled eggs lol...

Recently brought a bean dish, four-bean chowder to a 'vous potluck, where it seemed to be well received. It was a recipe I got while helping put together a Boy Scout leader training outing, so there was a lot of leftovers (everybody brought beans). If I can find the recipe when I get home I will submit it.

My wife likes to do Lumpia for the pot lucks. It's a Phillippine version of the egg roll, lighter and crispier wrapper with some knock out spices inside. She wrops them at home then stir fries them at camp. She normally makes 100 or more (depending on the size of the 'vous), but they never seem to last past the first 2/3 of the line. With Western Wayne coming up here in Michigan, she'll make about 300 for that one, still won't be enough.

Riley/MN that sounds very good and it in our recipe forum now.. thanks for submitting it.....

DeadDawg, Lumpia is soooo good.. but sounds like very labor intensive... I have a friend that makes it and I enjoy it every time I get a chance to eat it.. :)

Back