• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Possum Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
This past long weekend I've been down in Tennessee at the 25th annual Possum Branch Backwoodsmen's rendezvous. There were many competitions, games, eating, drinking, singing, and just havin' fun. A good time was had by all.

The Possums always give away a lot of really nice prizes to the event winners and raffle winners and they always raffle off a fine custom flintlock at the end of the event.
Unfortunately, it looks like this 25th anniversary event will be their last big rendezvous.

This one will forever be remembered by me. Besides having an absolutely awesome good time I won the rifle raffle! :) :) :) :) :)

The rifle is a .50 caliber flintlock built by Alan Snyder. It has a 44" Rice barrel and a Siler lock. The patchbox has some special engraving and there is a German silver possum on a branch inlaid in the cheek piece. Since it looks like this will be the last rifle the Possums give away it is extra special. Beside the fact that I love all of the Possums like family. I'll cherish this rifle forever.

Wow! Congrats buddy!!

I about fell out my chair when I got your message! :applause:

I'm so happy for you Jethro. She sure is a beauty!!! :grin:

I know your not much of a .50 shooter so I suppose your gonna want me to cast ya up a bunch of balls! :haha:

Also congrats on taking 1st in Smoothbore too!

Ya gonna let me shoot her when we get together?

Again, Congratulations my friend!! :thumbsup:

Respectfully, Ferrell/Cowboy

Sure you can shoot 'er Ferrell.
I've still got a few .50 balls around here someplace but I am gonna hafta get me another .50 mould. Traded the one I had for something else a while back... :idunno:

Beautiful rifle, congratulations. I understand from personal experience how a rifle with sentimental value such as that can grab you, and it never wears off. Enjoy.

Spence

Don't worry about any mold!! You know I'm gonna take good care of my friend. You'll have more than you'll be able to shoot!

I just ask in return that you give me one of your Ferrell Stroh Oh! I mean one of your Roy Stroh rifles!! :haha: :haha:

That is a sharp looking rifle Jethro! I still can't believe it!

Respectfully, Ferrell :v

I'm itchin' to get 'er to the range and work up a load. For the next while tho I have so many shoots and rendezvous on my schedule that I ain't sure I'll have time to just go to the range and shoot. I'm gonna try to get out and do it as soon as I can.
If this rifle shoots anywhere near as good as it looks and feels it'll be a winner. :thumbsup:

Well sir, as we used to say in the old days, "Way cool dude!" Like Spence, I know how a special gun can grab you by the heart and never let go! My heart felt congratulations! :thumbsup:

Very nice rifle there Jethro!

Whoever said the best things in life are free, was looking down upon you my friend!

Congrats!

Congrats, Jethro. That rifle is gorgeous! :thumbsup:

There's good news in this for me too. You see, I never win a thing, so I figure when everyone else in the world has finally won something really nice, one of my lotto tickets might pay off since it will finally be my turn! One more person checked off the list! :wink: :grin:

Back