• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Places to make smoke......

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makensmoke

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I need some suggestions from the Ohio members. I moved to the Massillon area a couple of years ago and have not been out to shoot my frontloaders since we moved here. Can someone point me to a good place to shoot. I will be checking out the Log Cabin range but was hoping for an outdoor "open shooting" area..........I have the feeling that those are gettign harder to find.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Mike

I don't know about much about where you are. There should be some clubs over that way. Have you checked the NMLRA website for their charter clubs yet? That would be a start. I'm on the opposite side of the state from you or I would suggest you checkout the club I'm in. Hopefully you can find something.

mageckman
I looked on the NML site and talked to some locals here and found the Canal Fulton Ramrod Club. I will be attending a shoot on Sunday to check out the club. Thanks for your help.!!!!

If you drive straight west about one hour on 30 the New Frontiersman Muzzle loader club has a range at the Ashland county Conservation farm. They shoot on the third Sunday of the month. The range is available to members year round. Visitors are always welcome to come and shoot. They are an excellent family orientated club.

Makensmoke
Glad to be of help. I figured you should have been able to find something on that side of the state.

Ohio Ramrod
I might have to start going to some of your shoots as well. I think its only about an hour or so from me. Maybe once work lets up a bit and we aren't working so many danged weekends

The ODNR division of Wildlife operates 5 ranges in Ohio. I manage the one on Delaware Wildlife Area, muzzleloaders are welcome(even encouraged, lol). Go to www.wildohio.com,the information is under hunting-shooting ranges and programs. Troy

Last edited by a moderator:
Back